MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Recently took my MINI (R53 MCS) in to MStyleMINI to have some mods done: aero bodykit, lowering springs and 2 front fog lamps.

I'm not sure if this issue has started happening since or had been before because I've only had the car for about 4 weeks and have rarely driven it when dark, but now I have the following problems with the reading light that's in the centre of the roof:

1) When I press the button, the reading light never comes on. I've tried holding it down for several seconds too.
2) When I open the door to get in/out, the light doesn't come on.
3) When I lock the doors, either by using the remote or the lock switch, the light comes on for about 3 seconds, goes off, and then flashes on once.

Seeing as the light does come on when locking the doors, it looks like the bulb is fine.

I'm guessing that it's something to do with the wiring, and changes made when they fitted the front fog lamps.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Cheers,

Chiu :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
neither one of my reading lamps work. Bulbs seem fine. I don't see a fuse just for the reading lamps. Is there a fuse that I'm not seeing or is this vehicle just smarter than me? Any input appreciated. 2009 Clubman.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts