MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Getting the wife a Mini Convertible for a 20th anniversary surprise. Only requirements for her are 1) Automatic and 2) Convertible. I've bought enough cars/trucks/motorcycles/campers to know there are some years and models/options to avoid, and some that are more desirable.

I'm looking to spend around $7-10k, and I'm noticing that here in the Northeast, that search is producing (generally) model years from 2009-2014, with a range of mileage between 65,000 and 110,000...and almost exclusively a Cooper S. It wont be driven very often at all, so higher mileage doesn't terrify me too much.

Any model years I should avoid for an automatic with convertible top? Any model year have a weak link somewhere, etc? Would love to know what to avoid if anything. Or, in the alternative, what to look or hold out for. Any advice will be truly appreciated. Also, if this is the wrong forum, please advise.

Thanks!

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.