MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm #74 on a US dealer list and they have my deposit. At this point, they have not asked for model / color / options. I'm going to order an S, color & options open. When do you think would be a realistic time it might be available if I order a specific combination?
Thanks in advance.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Sean said:
I'm #74 on a US dealer list ...
Sean, welcome to MINI2! There are several other threads on the subject of when deliveries will be made to customers, (you can use the search function to see what other people are saying), but my thoughts are that much of it depends on each dealer getting between 10 to 20 MINIs each month for probably most of 2002, with an unknown split (perhaps it will turn out to be 50/50?) between Cooper and S models.

You didn't mention if your dealer has two lists - one for the standard MINI Cooper and another for the Cooper S. If there is only one list, you might be much farther down once it is split. :)

Lets be hopeful and say you are number 30 on the Cooper S list, so your dealer must supply 29 S cars before you get yours. It is very likely that all the pre-spec'd Cooper S models will be gone by the time your name comes up - that quickly knocks out about 10 people ahead of you wanting an S. If the first customer-ordered S models begin to arrive in July at the rate of 10 per month (a guess) then your car may not arrive until September. Sorry.

You could call around to another dealer and see how long the list is there.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey, we're number 69, and we told them we want a Cooper S. They said around mid-June or even may for delivery. They already have some of the dealership built!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts