MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
thewhitestuff
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my aero bumper on the car for a while now, due to someone going into the back of me while having the standard bumper on. I decided to pay the insurance company the difference between the standard and aero bumper, which was a very good decision :D. Anyway, the bumper was not fitted at MINI but instead at the insurance company's approved body shop. When I first saw the mini again after the longest 2 weeks ever, coming round the corner the back looked fantastic, such an improvement. When I looked at the bumper I had noticed at the edges of each side of the bumper, which follow on from the plastic-trim arches, that they had been colour-coded, which would have been awesome IF I had already colour-coded arches etc, but I didn't so this kind of annoyed me somewhat but I've learnt to live with it, I'm not actually certain if there's a new version of the aero kit that is factory colour-coded or what? Now the last thing is that I'm not really sure if the bumper has been secured properly at the bottom because it is extremely loose, I don't think it has been secured at all from underneath, just from the top, it rattles a fair bit if you tap the bottom half. I've looked underneath and there are, I think, 3 screw holes with no screws actually threw them and into any form of structure to secure the bumper. Is this normal? Its not massively loose as if you can flap it about, but just doesn't seem totally secured like a bumper should be, like the front bumper, I mean it is there for safety after all as well as to look good.

·
thewhitestuff
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that is on there already, I just thought it should be secured a bit better than just with one screw...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts