MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm sure this question has been asked but several searches have given me nothing recent.

My husband and I welcomed our baby daughter in late February. I own a 2013 Mini Cooper S. I attempted to take her to the pediatrician last week and discovered that my current infant seat, a Chicco keyfit 30, does not fit into the backseat even with the passenger seat pushed all the way forward.

In two weeks, my daughter will be 8 weeks old and able to leave the house. Does anyone know of another car seat brand that will fit? I do not care about having a passenger in the car, at all. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I find that very surprising. The Chicco KeyFit 30 is the one we bought because it fit into our MINI the best out of the three we tried. It was the only one that fit through the door opening and into the back seat without bumping because it is narrower than the others. And it was the one that we could snug the base down the tightest so the seat and base would not wiggle a bit when it was snapped in- it felt like part of the car, really.

I have to ask- have you read the instructions thoroughly? Are you holding down the base with the "Latch" system? Your 2013 is technically a different car than our 2002/2003 models but I don't believe that the interior dimensions got smaller- at least not small enough to cause a car seat to not fit.

Don't know your location, but here in the states there's lots of hospitals that will help you install car seats at monthly events.

P.S.- when she gets older you might want to investigate the Orbit Baby line of toddler seats and bases. The seat rotates to allow you to put your baby in and then spin them around backwards. Little Hazel loves hers!

Val

1 - 4 of 4 Posts