MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mini Lover
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I posted a thread regarding a clicking noise coming from my car when driving.

I have just been to my friends garage and had all my tyres checked for stones and nails etc.

Also we checked the rotation of the tyre/disc to see if the click was still there when lifted from the ground.

The click was still hearable, and we then taken the rear wheel off, and span the rear disc again, you could hear the clicking.

We then took off the calipers/breaks to make sure nothing was catching behind these, and then span the disc again, and you guessed it, you could still hear the clicking.

My friend seems to think it could be the bearing/hub on the rear passenger side wheel.

My question is, is has anyone had any dealings with this before? how did you fix it? is it something that needs to be repaired ASAP, and how much is it for parts and labour? or what did you pay for parts and labour? best/cheap to go BMW dealer, or a independant dealer?

He has checked for movement of the wheels and they is no movement, the wheels are solid.

Any advice would be great, thanks :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had a simular problem,i had a annoying clicking noise coming from the n/s rear wheel i had the wheel off and span the hub no noise but once the wheel was on and on the road the noise occurred again.So in desperation i removed the hub (not as hard as it sounds) and had a good look at it nothing looked out of order no movement in the bearing so i rubbed in between the hub and the casing with some sandpaper and soaked it in good old wd40 making sure i got plenty on it and left it to soak overnight.
Next day i wiped it clean replaced the hub and went for a drive and guess what no noise.It maybe worth a shot at just giving it a good soak in wd40 you never know it may just work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts