MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading (yes reading) my owner's manual today and noticed something that would be very useful for my dogs - I forget which page it's on (don't have the manual with me), but it's essentially a net which you mount just behind the front seats to separate the front from the rear. It's supposed to clip onto "hooks" on the back of the rear seats (when they're down flat) and some mounts in the headliner.

Is/was this an option while ordering? In my clubman there are no mounts in the headliner or on the backs of the rear seats.

Has anyone else found something suitable for this application? I'd like to keep my dogs from jumping in the front seats if possible.

·
Living in Mini Wasteland
351 Posts
I did notice that you can play with the brackets that the rear seats latch into. By flipping the brackets forward, you can then push the seat back to the upright position and they are then leaned forward about 2 extra inches. Does this make the rear area more square?

·
Grumpometer: OFF SCALE
6,836 Posts
i had a quote from woodmans for the net partition, £180 for net and fitting brackets + 95 for fitting, and they're very competativ. You can actually get a dog guard thats a lot cheaper, Chris at woodmans was doing a special price , 45 quid i thing but don't quote me !

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the manual also mentions that lever that advances the rear seats forward just a bit - this is probably to make it easier to store large rectangular things (boxes) in the boot without having to put down the rear seats.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i had a quote from woodmans for the net partition, £180 for net and fitting brackets + 95 for fitting, and they're very competativ. You can actually get a dog guard thats a lot cheaper, Chris at woodmans was doing a special price , 45 quid i thing but don't quote me !

I just find it odd that the dealership (well mine at least) doesn't even mention this accessory and neither does miniusa.com, although it is clearly in the manual.

I've tried rigging up some cargo nets in the past (previous cars) but they were a PITA and looked .... bad. I'd prefer a more stylized look and that usually means OEM although I am definately open to suggestions on where I can get something like this in the US.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's on page 87 - I've attached a pdf of the page.

I think the headliner would need to be modified for the "partition"....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I'm going to try to make myself look inside today for these.

I think that the manuals are not always accurate about a number of things because designs change after the cars go into production. One annoying example that I discovered thanks to excessive reading of websites like this one and NAM has to do with the Bluetooth/iPod factory installed option with regard to the voice commands on the car's phone. The MINI manual says to use the word "store" however it should say to use the word "save" - and what a difference a slightly different word makes!;)

By the way, Dr. J - did you buy your MINI at MINI of Fairfield County, or are you farther up at New Country? My MINIs have come through MoFC.:D

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm going to try to make myself look inside today for these.

I think that the manuals are not always accurate about a number of things because designs change after the cars go into production. One annoying example that I discovered thanks to excessive reading of websites like this one and NAM has to do with the Bluetooth/iPod factory installed option with regard to the voice commands on the car's phone. The MINI manual says to use the word "store" however it should say to use the word "save" - and what a difference a slightly different word makes!;)

By the way, Dr. J - did you buy your MINI at MINI of Fairfield County, or are you farther up at New Country? My MINIs have come through MoFC.:D

New Country - it's FAR closer to me. IT's a smaller dealership - almost like an afterthought of it's sister BMW and Mercedes (New Country as well), but the people are nice at least.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Yes, I know a couple of New Country fellows - both very, very nice guys.

Checked my interior - don't have those extra hooks for using the net (or anything else) as a partition. Too bad they didn't install them at the factory. I do have the net and I believe most MINI folks, at least in the states, do get them.

·
DragonWagonFlyer ClubmanS
57 Posts
Dr.J pulled the .pdf file, which coincides with mine. Page 87. :D

The ***partition*** has those lovely asterisks, so it's an option.
Must be Dealer Only option, for I haven't seen it offered anywhere else.:mad:

Push on your headliner...maybe the screw fittings are already behind the headliner. Probably not.:puzzled:

·
Registered
169 Posts
I "think" I have that net! Well, I have a spare net that came with the car and did wonder what it should have been attached to (yes, I know - a case of RTFM).

Did you order the Chilli Pack? I can't think of the official name but it was part of the storage compartment pack...............

I will have to have a play with that net now I know what it is for :smile:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got a net too but it looks more like a hold-down net for stuff in the boot; it's too small to be the "partition"

·
DragonWagonFlyer ClubmanS
57 Posts
I'm a two day expert on the small NET that comes with the Clubman.
If it's small, it is for the boot and connects on the first sub-floor level. The hooks on the net connect to the metal near the rear of the boot.
That should be completely confusing.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I have resigned myself to just making a net myself - I got a few pickup truck nexts (bungee) that are easy to unravel and I will custom-fit a next for the car. The bonuses are that:
- I have a sunroof so that's one extra place for support - in other cars the net usually sags in the middle because the bungee is relatively heavy
- The only area that *really* needs a net is inbetween the seats, as on either side (e.g. by the door) and above the seats, this area is too small for the dogs to get through.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts