MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 mini clubman
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all!

New to both the Mini world and Clubman world; found this site via google and hoping you folks will be able to help me out!

UK based, looking to get rid of the rear seats to expand the boot and give my dog some extra room, as well as hopefully be able to pop a wheelchair (folded) in and maybe even a shopping bag!

Just after some info re the legalities and MOT.. looking online it seems that I’ll get an advisory for there being no seats to check.. which I’m fine with. What is confusing me is the seatbelt situation. Do these have to be removed as well? Or despite there being no rear seats, these can remain in situ as there is nowhere for a person to sit to be belted in?

thanks!

·
Registered
2008 mini clubman
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers - I’m happy to have a go at the removal and bits myself, just want to be sure regarding the seatbelt removal as well!

The seat removal looks less intricate than the seatbelt removal, so if I can avoid needing to remove the belts then that’s a bonus in my eyes! 😂

·
Registered
84 Posts
It is a bit sad to see all the effort and expense that people have to go through to earn the blessings of their govt bureaucracies, rules and regs. That is saying it nicely. I used to live in places like that too, so I especially appreciate the freedom I now have to live in a state with none of that rubbish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.