MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have not posted before but wanted to add a quick comment to try and help. Have a "59" reg Cooper convertible (R57). Noticed it was damp inside, lots of condensation, windows steamed up, etc. Having searched this web site I found an entry about wet back seats, I went and checked the Mini and sure enough I had 2 x small swimming pools in the back under the back seat. I kept searching for an answer and found this thread. I checked the Mini and sure enough the two panels behind the back windows were flapping around and the car was leaking like a sieve. I bought the repair kit on Ebay, all as per this thread. I meant to do the repair myself but didn't find time so got hold of BMW/Mini and got a quote/price from them to do the repair which was fixed at £100 plus VAT. They have it in their system at 40-50 mins labour. They did it while I waited, took about 2 hours in the end but price was fixed. Car is now fine and dry!! Thanks for the entries, information. I hope this helps others.
Which Mini dealership was this with, our R57 '09 has the same problem, and thank fully for this thread I now know what I'm dealing with. I'm almost happy to do it myself (need a pop riveter) but if I can the dealership to do it for a bit more £ then I'd go with that to get the warranty. Thx W

·
Registered
1 Posts
Which Mini dealership was this with, our R57 '09 has the same problem, and thank fully for this thread I now know what I'm dealing with. I'm almost happy to do it myself (need a pop riveter) but if I can the dealership to do it for a bit more £ then I'd go with that to get the warranty. Thx W
Hi Wayne, I went to BMW/Mini in Farnborough, Hampshire (Barons). It took 3 attempts to speak to someone in service who understood what I was talking (so keep trying!!) about but I finally spoke to someone who knew what I wanted and the guy who did the work had done the repair before. Good luck

21 - 24 of 24 Posts