MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI ALL,

I just replaced the rear tyres on my 2002 mcs, as they were badly worn in the insides.
does anyone know if there is such a thing as rear tracking ? is this main dealer only ?

Thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
728 Posts
Always been told you can't track the rear of a MINI, could be wrong tho'

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers, Im still a bit unsure thou.

Do i risk not getting it done and in 3months time have to buy yet another set of tyres

hhhhmmmmmm whats a man to do ?

·
Registered
460 Posts
The mini must have a 4 wheel alignment, the benefits and draw backs of fully independent rear suspension, its not camber adjustable, you need rear control arms for that (only once lowered) but it is toe adjustable on the rear.

BMW use a KDS machine which is a 4 wheel alignment machine that weighs down certain parts of the chassis, this is a must on stock minis ive seen what happens when one isnt used, and when one hasnt been used properly.

its not just bmw that use this as they charge an arm and a leg for it check www.AlignMyCar.co.uk to find somewhere with the hunter pro machines that do the same (they are the same bmws are just painted white ;))

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The mini must have a 4 wheel alignment, the benefits and draw backs of fully independent rear suspension, its not camber adjustable, you need rear control arms for that (only once lowered) but it is toe adjustable on the rear.

BMW use a KDS machine which is a 4 wheel alignment machine that weighs down certain parts of the chassis, this is a must on stock minis ive seen what happens when one isnt used, and when one hasnt been used properly.

its not just bmw that use this as they charge an arm and a leg for it check www.AlignMyCar.co.uk to find somewhere with the hunter pro machines that do the same (they are the same bmws are just painted white ;))
THANKS FOR THAT,

JUST SPOKE TO BMW COOPER (MINI) in CHELMSFORD and they quoted me £300
however using that website I've found a place just down the road (PMW) and they quoted me £117

Fantastic saving or what !!!!!

Cheers for that

·
JCW 250
1,124 Posts
Have a look over on Essex Mini2 - A home for Mini in the Essex region as there is mention of a company in Maldon Essex which has a Hunter manchine as mentioned above.

I got exactly the same scrub as you mention above (inside edge) and went down to see them and the car feels so much better as they sorted the front and rear alignment, caster, toe, etc etc... was also cheaper than your lower quote above :) Worth a try... hope your get it sorted!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
THANKS FOR THAT,

JUST SPOKE TO BMW COOPER (MINI) in CHELMSFORD and they quoted me £300
however using that website I've found a place just down the road (PMW) and they quoted me £117

Fantastic saving or what !!!!!

Cheers for that
£300 :aargh: last time i had it up here was £150 (year ago) bmw are taking the ****** tbh, although its not as bad as porsche who use the same system and charge upwards of £500, well they have to pay for the new floor in the show room dont they :wink: :angry:

·
Now Aero Kitted!
330 Posts
Go to Elite tyres in Rainham (Essex) they do a fantastic job at realignment I've had all 3 of my MINIs sorted there, will cost around 90 - 100 quid but well worth it ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts