MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My issue is the rear wiper started to randomly stop in spots and stick. Then stopped working altogether. I put new wiper on it first, then today received and installed a new wiper motor.
The washer fluid works ok.
But the wiper still will not work. I checked the fuse in panel under bonnet and its good. Which I knew anyway because the front wipers work.
Would anyone have any idea what the issue could be?
Can you check the relay with a multimeter? If so, what frequency would you put the tester on. I have one but am a bit of an electrical idiot. Lol

Would very much appreciate any and all advice I could get.

Thank you all in advance

·
Registered
181 Posts
Did it throw any type of code?
I really don't know what else. I know I have the bavarian Technique software. In that you can run a short test or a erase all fault codes test. There are codes that don't show up on the gauge cluster's. Anyways It might just need to have the battery unhooked for 5 minutes and the code cleared. You could always just try unhooking and re hooking the battery. Or check the switch in the steering column. But I do agree that testing before throwing money at it is the best idea.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Might be the wiring as it passes through the rubber bellows at the hatch hinge. Frayed or broken core in the wiper feed wire might give the symptoms you describe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts