MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed on my MINI that the rear wiper arm doesn\'t appear to remain in contact with the top of the rear window when wiping. Hence when the wiper is going the top couple of inches of window under the sweep is missed.

Anyone else got this problem?

Anyone *not* got this problem?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yep, Had this problem. Cured last week with a new wiper arm fitted. Now cleans as it should do.

·
Registered
113 Posts
My wiper is the same.

Did you replace just the rubber or the whole thing?

Dave

·
Registered
183 Posts
The dealer replaced the whole wiper arm. A techy there said that the old arm was \'distorted\'. Could be there is a bad batch about...

·
Registered
888 Posts
My rear wiper misses the bit at the top too... I wasn\'t bothered about it thinking it was just the design of the car, but will now get it sorted seeing as you all say its sortable! Thats whats so great about this site - finding things like this out!

Its more annoying than you\'d think because you look through quite high up on the rear window if you\'re tallish.

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
I thought the rear wiper of the S looked bigger than the one on my cooper, perhaps it is a design change? MiniGuy??

·
Registered
808 Posts
Wipers

There are a couple of reasons that spring to mind why the wiper blades could do this.
There should be no excuse for dealers to fail a repair first time round.
Monsta, no change, same wipers on all MINI's.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Thanks.

I'm going to phone and hassle them a bit this morning. I just feel stupid complaining about such a little thing - the car is 99.9% perfect and I love it to bits.

Dealer doesn't seem too hot... they seem to be intent on being "posh" but there doesnt seem to be much substance beneath their slick suits... I'd rather they DIDN'T Valet my car each time it was in and just spent the time/money getting the work right!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Mine was fine from new BUT.....................

Be careful when the wiper arm is raised to wash the rear screen. Two nasty sharp plastic corners are then exposed.

After the first F***K and cut hand; I am now very careful.

·
Registered
416 Posts
don't they check it before telling you the work is completed? do they just change the arm and presume it's OK? Could it be a dodgy window?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Blagg

The dealer doesn't blagg you, they would just try a new wiper arm for a while and see that it works ok.
Not sure what the problem is with dingers car.
Reckon the wiper mech could be off set, leading to the arm eventually wiping the rear screen incorrectly. Rear screen set could be a reason but very unlikely. Actually very,very unlikely. Even less likely could be tailgate set, but they are all possible culprits and the dealer should persevere till the jobs done.
Dinger, I'd like to know what it is eventually. Please keep us posted.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts