MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Mini Cooper 2009
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First time poster here. Any help would be appreciated.

I bought my first Mini a few weeks ago, 2009 Mini Cooper R56, a car I had always wanted to drive and with some savings through lockdown I took the plunge. It’s in fairly good condition considering it’s age with a few minor issues to deal with. Something I enjoy doing with cars I own anyway. I’ve already started taking care of some of these to get it back to a good as possible. I’m not very mechanically minded but I have the help of my dad when I need it.

The issue I’m having at the moment is with the rear wiper. It’s not getting any power to the motor having taken off the panel in the boot and checked with a multimeter. I then checked the fuse box and found the two fuses that are needed for the rear wiper are missing. Positions 30 and 50 I think. I found some replacement fuses and tried to insert them however the terminals that receive the fuse don’t appear to be on the fuse box. On closer inspection you can see the circuit board with the solder points each side.

I’m not sure if they have fallen off or been damaged or if they were even there to begin with? Beyond this issue I’ll need to see if the motor works. The rear arm needs replaced as it’s split the plastic.

·
Registered
Mini Cooper 2009
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update...

I’ve now tested the motor by bypassing the power from the battery to the motor and it turns the wiper. Good news.

Washer doesn’t appear to work but the wiper working would be a start. I’ve removed the wiper arm completely (broken anyway) and removed the nut and spliced nut that allows it to turn. Had to file it to split the ring which was a bit of a pain. I’ll order a new arm when the fuse issue is resloved.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts