MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys can anyone suggest any online site that sells cheap rear wiper for the MINI

my MINIs rear wiper blade thingy is on its way out! Want a cheap one cant find anywhere!

·
Supercharger Noiseaholic
186 Posts
You can get them from BMW, they'll have them in stock. IIRC they're £6-7
You can't get them in halfords et al, as the whole arm gets replaced and it's not like a normal arm

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Don't suppose you know how much front wipers are do you? Both of mine are past it, and ive trimmed:eek: the flappy bits of rubber to try and make them last a bit longer. The only thing i sI can't seem to slide the rubber out. Also, on the ones from Halfords there are loads of holes:angry:, whereas, on Mini ones, there is just the little bump in the middle, so those are the ones I want really. Any idea of the cost for the set?:puzzled:

·
Obsessive Car Cleaner OCC
3,342 Posts

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
The front rubber parts dont come out only the rear part does, at the moment ive got a set from eBay, these

Mini (BMW) 01-06 AERO VU FLAT WIPER BLADES UPGRADE on eBay, also Wipers, Washers Jets, Exterior Styling, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 14-Jun-08 22:52:33 BST)

Ive had them for about 6 month and they are still working good, ill be buying them again when i need to.

But you could always get a set off Silicone PAA wipers. More expensive but you get what you pay for.
Might look into those:nice:. However, I have a rainsensor, so will they work with that? I cant see any reason why not but....:)

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
They should work fine, its the screen thats different not the wipers. :D;)
Oh right thanks:D - I just wondered whether the different shape design would have an effect. Might have to get those.:wink:

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Just went to check mine today, and they have fell apart on the left hand side, like i said you get what you pay for :hmph: although 6 months aint bad for £12.
Suppose not, but the mini ones do 2 years or more, and they won't be £48 so I may just get them! Don't want them coming up with silly excuses for why they won't perform warranty work;):rolleyes:.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts