MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Looking good in MOC
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bit late but...

I got a call on friday from Mini telling me that my MOC had been recalled for a minor airbag defect and i had to book it in as soon as possible.

It's booked in for Thursday and i'm having a few other things sorted as well.
1. After around 30mins of playing mp3 cd starts jumping and scanning for ages (solution at the moment turn it off for a few minutes).
2. In the rev counter it seems as though some of the red lights between 6 and 8 have gone out. Not sure if there supposed to.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this call? or any of the other problems?

·
I like MINIs I do
331 Posts
Is it the first section of red markings on your rev counter that don't light up? If so that's normal - they're for the diesel.

Interesting news about the Airbag, I'll ask about that as my car is in on Friday for work anyway (fuse box cover replace, alarm going off in rain, A-Glaze reapplication).

·
Girl Next Door...
1,191 Posts
The first set of unlit lights aren't for the Diesel, we get a totally different rev counter. However having had an MCS as well, I can confirm that the red markers that are unlit are totally normal.

I used to treat them like a 'gentle' warning to change gear, with the lit ones being 'change gear now'. :D

·
Girl Next Door...
1,191 Posts
Maybe it's a change for 2005? Maybe I am wrong - I'll check when I'm next in the car.

When I first got my S I thought what would happen is they would all start red and then go out as the engine warmed up - which would have been cool, but sadly not.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Grings said:
Maybe it's a change for 2005? Maybe I am wrong - I'll check when I'm next in the car.

When I first got my S I thought what would happen is they would all start red and then go out as the engine warmed up - which would have been cool, but sadly not.
All the lights are lit on the MINI ONE.....the Cooper has a higer rev limit, so some of the lights are out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Bloody hell. Talk about attention to detail. I've had an MCS for over 2 years now and I couldnt tell you which lights on the rev counter are lit and which aint. When driving fast I just floor it and change gear just before the limiter cuts in.

I suppose it would be nice if it were fitted with an LED or buzzer to tell me the optimum moment to change up. But I think its probably safer to keep your eyes on the road instead.

·
Looking good in MOC
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update on Recall

Well it was handed over to my mate (alson my dealer) on wed night. He left me with his new 120D sport must say it was a pretty nice ride but for the 25K it costs i would rather have an MCSC Works.

The airbag problem has been sorted. I was told that there are a quite a few cars affected so you may still get a call. The CD player is broken and a new one was ordered. Should have arived on Fri but due to back orders i have to wait for one. Lights on rev counter, still not sure if they should light up or not. Drove it as hard as i dared on the way home and cuoldn't get it above about 6000 revs (i get a bit scared when i get that high) and my lights don't start until just before 7000. So it has to go back in for it's cd player and there is small dent on the back which was done before i took ownership so this has to be sorted as well.

But other than that it's still brilliant. Had some good fun on the way home with me in my MOC and my mate in his 120D :bad::bad::bad::bad:ing around with some Tigra driver.

·
Half a dent
1,413 Posts
Got a recall letter this am referring to the airbag recall on my 5 series (which I don't have) with my mini's reg on it, will be having new alarm sensors, roof adjusted and fuse box cover sorted out at same time (hopefully)

(BTW rain + MCSC works=lots and lots of wheelspin/traction control, such that I chose to drive my 4Motion instead of the mini back into work just now cos I wanted predictable progress which the MCSC does not provide)

ps 120D wasn't that an early Datsun Cherry from around 1975?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just opened the post this morning to find a letter from the dealer asking us to bring 'Dude' (named by our 5 year old son!) in for some checks. Seems like they are worried about low transmission oil level causing early wear on the manual gearbox. Did they just forget to do a propper PDI on the car before delivery or is there something more sinsiter going on? Anyone else come across this?

·
Looking good in MOC
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update

Right OK

Finally i'm getting somewhere.

I have just spoke to my dealer my replacment 05 CD BOOST is finally in, i will now be able to listen to more than 30mins of music without it jumping.

Also to add to my joy my replacement manual a/c head unit is in aswell. This needed replacing because half of the lights are dimmer than the other half. Why they cant replace the bulb i dont know.

So hopefully by next wed my car will be as it should be.

It has had the airbag problem sorted, the dent on the back has been repaired, the oil in the gear box has been checked, and now the stereo and a/c is being done. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.