MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Nurburgring Survivor
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am headed to the ring next weekend (13th to 15th August). I am planning overnight Friday in Leuven (Belgium) and then hope to find a hotel near to the Nurburgring for Saturday night. I need to get the hotel booked soon, but haven't had the best of luck so far.

Does anyone have a hotel they can recommend for the Saturday. Needs to be reasonably cheap and with safe place to put my MCS and my friend's MX-5, other than that and proximity to a place selling beer I'm not too fussy.

Thanks in advance

Nick

·
nurburgring here we come
715 Posts
there is a good website you could try http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/ look in the where to stay bit try the an der nord hotel.email eddie and ask him if he has room.its in the town of adenau has safe parking, and the track runs right past it.

·
Nurburgring Survivor
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks,

been looking pretty hard but still no sucess and under 24h to go before I leave.
Minis just weren't designed to sleep in (smiles thinking about mate in MX-5).

·
nurburgring here we come
715 Posts
oleum said:
Thanks,

been looking pretty hard but still no sucess and under 24h to go before I leave.
Minis just weren't designed to sleep in (smiles thinking about mate in MX-5).

we stopped here last weekend :- hotel noss www.hotel-noss.de its in cochem about 25 min from the ring it was good. tel number is 0 26 71 36 12

·
Nurburgring Survivor
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm trying this one now, previous place had just a triple room available.
I need 2 singles.

Thanks
Nick

·
Nurburgring Survivor
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The trip was fun, the ring is an awesome place to visit, great atmosphere. We stayed in a small hotel close to the outskirts of Blankenhein - about 20 mins from Nurburg. The roads around that area of Germany are great in themselves.

The journey from the UK to Germany was much easier/faster/shorter than I thought it might be. In fact on Sunday I drove from Blankenheim to Nurburg and back through Belgium France and home to the middle of the UK (about 400+miles) and it took a lot less time and effort than it would have on British roads.

Driving the ring itself was a humbling experience. I only did one lap on saturday (wet) and three on Sunday morning before the track closed for an accident. It's like nowhere else I have ever been and I would suggest not going there unless you're confident and will be happy with people overtaking you on corners at > 70 mph.

I'll probably go again someday but probably not at a busy weekend time. In the 4 laps I witnessed (well was within a minute or so of) three accidents, two cars one bike. One seemed inexplicable with a bmw minus front end halfway along a straight whilst the others were near the roadworks and after some twisteis (it's all twisties I know) where it looked like a bike had been forced wide by a car.

In summary great trip, scary place to drive. Download a few videos of laps off the net before you go and take note that MOST people drive on the limit like that.

Nick

·
Registered
177 Posts
Glad you enjoyed yourself ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
5 Participants
Beester
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing