MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I ordered my MINI Cooper at the end of September and collected it on 8th November. Its is BRG/White with white wheels.

When I ordered it I was told 2 things that I didn't believe. Can someone confirm/deny please?

1. They told me they weren't building any Coopers without the Pepper pack so I had to take it. I dont mind really, I like the options it brought me, but was it true?

2. They then told that I couldn't have the red interior, despite the handbook DEFINITELY indicating that this was possible. They told me the red interior was actually only available with the sports seats. Were they telling the truth or were they tryint to tempt me to spend more on the chili pack?

Thanks for the truth!

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
I have a red interior in my MINI with pepper pack...

But... Sport seats weren't available when I got mine.. I'm sure that makes no difference though.

·
Registered
298 Posts
You can now order cars without the pepper pack on, but the issue with the seats go's a bit like this. The red is only avaliable with the 1/2 leather trim at the moment.
Simple as that.
Your dealer was telling the truth.

Mark

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Yeah but you don't have to have sport seats to have half leather, do you?

I have standard red 1/2 leather...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have ordered the red interior, I am not having sports seats or 1/2 leather! just standard cloth. The option of interior colour wasn't offered when I ordered the car, but I requested the red and it didn't seem to be a problem other than my dealer thought it might delay delivery a bit.
It will only have taken 7 weeks from when I ordered it though.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
In case anyones interested, there is a red/white roofed "cooper" in UK spec sitting on the showroom floor in Brisbane, with RED interior, no sports seats, and not a piece of leather in sight. And I might add, it looks great!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Is the red on the rear seat a little overpowering?

And the door trim in red... imagine facing that with a hangover!

However, I think it looks great on the front seats. Perhaps a little less red is best?

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Garry said:
Is the red on the rear seat a little overpowering?

And the door trim in red... imagine facing that with a hangover!

However, I think it looks great on the front seats. Perhaps a little less red is best?
Perhaps it's simply a matter of opinion. I LIKE IT!!!.....

Maybe push the side of your bed up against a wall Garry.......

Merry Christmas.......lol

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yep, as you said just a matter of taste...;)

BTW, has there been a poll on interior colours and seat materials? It would be interesting to know what people have chosen.

As a 'Dalek' you might be able to help out a 'Junior' with that advice.

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was a bit concerned about my choice of red interior! Until I saw it in the flesh on Saturday. It looks the bizz!
:cool: I just can't wait to get my car now, it's sat there at the dealer waiting for the people at Mini Cover to actually get the cover note to delivered so the dealer can put the tax on it. I'm hoping by the 27th now, if the note doesn't arrive, I'm going to kiss some b*t!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah, I know!

I've just read what I wrote last night, I was under the influence of festive drink and my typing has never been too hot.

I'm not in the habit of threatening people with a kiss on the bottom.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
cpaulr said:
I was a bit concerned about my choice of red interior! Until I saw it in the flesh on Saturday. It looks the bizz!
:cool: I just can't wait to get my car now, it's sat there at the dealer waiting for the people at Mini Cover to actually get the cover note to delivered so the dealer can put the tax on it. I'm hoping by the 27th now, if the note doesn't arrive, I'm going to kiss some b*t!
I agree. When I first saw the pictures I thought yuk, over the top. Since I've seen it in the flesh it looks great, like an old Red Leather MG.....Fantastic, and suprisingly classy.

I guess theres no accounting for taste (Garry would agree I'm sure.....lol)

;)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Re: Red Interior - Sports Seats - Pure Silver MINI

Basil said:
Here's a picture (borrowed from Germany's MINICS web site:
Black bodywork, liquid yellow roof... Nice. Where can I get one like this?;)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Re: Re: Red Interior - Sports Seats - Pure Silver MINI

rich said:

Black bodywork, liquid yellow roof... Nice. Where can I get one like this?;)
Fortitude Valley......around $50.00/30mins.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Red Interior - Sports Seats - Pure Silver MINI

Basil said:

Fortitude Valley......around $50.00/30mins.
Presumably this include the black leather upholstery shown as a standard fitting? Presumably the model you are quoting is fairly high mileage - Probably worth carrying out a thorough underbody inspection before a vigorous test drive is considered...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts