MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rejection of my faulty Cooper has been accepted by my dealer with no questions asked.

They have offered to lend me a brand new MINI One until my replacement arrives which will be at the end of Feb. Does this sounds like a long time and has anyone else got a replacement quicker than this, other than cancelled orders with unchangeable spec??

My dealer did ask if I wanted to keep my faulty MINI until the new one arrived, a big no to that one!! Cheeky but I suppose they had to try it!

Did anyone who rejected get any sort of discount or free options with their replacement. I feel that for all the hassle and time I've spent that I should but my dealer doesn't appear to think so.

I'd appreciate the input.

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Varse said:
My rejection of my faulty Cooper has been accepted by my dealer with no questions asked.

They have offered to lend me a brand new MINI One until my replacement arrives which will be at the end of Feb. Does this sounds like a long time and has anyone else got a replacement quicker than this, other than cancelled orders with unchangeable spec??
I am glad you didn't have any problems returning your car:)

I know Feb may seem along time, but think of it this way;you are getting the use of a Mini for free until it does arrive.

Can't argue with that:p

LMB:D

·
Registered
546 Posts
Replacement Delivery Time

My first MINI was rejected in November due to the dealer denting the roof (on the day before I was due to collect it). The dealer said the replacement car wouldn't be in until March 2002.

I ordered from another dealer on 3/12/2001 and car was ready for collection just before Christmas.

It seems some dealers are in no hurry to sort out replacements, no matter how much inconvenience the customer has suffered. At least they're keeping you mobile with a loan car.

P.S. Please give us a comparison report on life with a One versus the Cooper.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My dealer isn't in a rush to do anything!!

I should damn well hope anyone who has to reject their money is given a MINI loan car immediately as a matter of course, not as a favour.

I've got nothing against the One, in fact I am toying with the idea of changing from a Cooper to a One and making it very high spec, basically everything I can have on it.

However when I'm paying via BMW finance for a Cooper, whilst I await my replacement, why should I drive a less expensive One?

My dealer also doesn't feel like all my hassle is worth a discount or any free options on my replacement, which sums Barons of Farnborough to a tee.

I'm sure I probably could get a replacement from another dealer quicker, but I'm tied into this one. Nick from BMW Customer Services is doing all he can to find one quicker as well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
replacement

I rejected my MINI in mid December, my dealer was able to find a replacement with exactly the same spec within 7 days
and was ready for me to collect before the end of December and they did throw in a few extras at no cost, even offered to send a technician to my house to fit a chrome exhaust trim, which was out of stock, all inall a good service from Halliwell Jones BMW.:)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What were your free options if you don't mind me asking and what did your dealer do about supplying a loan car?

That was really quick, was it just luck to find a cancelled order with the same spec?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Can i still take my mini back

I have had my mini since 10th december i have only done 230 miles
1st off the handbrake went while i was at werk lookin out at my mini to see it rolling down the hill and hitting another car shocked me :(
I also had a union jack put on the roof by a graphics company it looked good but the next day i found dints in the roof. I was well pissed off i phoned the graphics place and they said the dints was already there and bmw say they would not have passed inspection.

So i went back to the graphics place a few days later and it was closed :( a guy from aother company said hi i hear you waas very lucky the other day about your car nearly going in the river ?? what was he on about i thought to myself.
He told me the guys who did the graphics was putting on the union jack when it started rolling back towards a steep river bank .
So i phoned the graphics company and they denied it ?
What should i do can i still reject my mini and get another one i well pissed off
oh and it drifts to the left aswell as the end of the handbrake comin off

email me with help please or private message me please im not happy
[email protected]

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unless BMW have admitted a fault with the handbrake that caused the accident and therefore they are liable for any costs, then I can't see you being able to reject it just for that.

The dents in the roof is a difficult one, and proving that they were there before the roof was applied is near impossible. That definitly sounds like the graphics company damaged the roof putting on the decal and they just won't admit to it.

If they won't admit it, threaten to name and shame them, they certainly won't get anymore business from this anyone on this site.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Replacement

Varse
I dont think it was a cancelled order I had ordered air conditioning and some other items not supplied as standard, the extras were upgraded alloys, chrome inserts, and they supplied me with a brand new BMW compact (top of the range) which incidentally I offered to take in place of the new MINI but they wouldnt have that, wonder why?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you very much, that will be very useful. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Madcaser,

You can get your Mini rejected over the car drifting to the left, especially if your dealer has confirmed that the fault exists and they are unable to fix it.

Otherwise you might need legal advice to check how strong your case is. However, it sounds like one! The handbrake problem sounds like a nightmare for hapless pedestrians.

I rejected my Mini Cooper over a multitude of faults, but ultimately it was the UNFIXABLE steering pull that did it for me.

I got a full refund, and am now the very happy owner of a brand new VW Golf GTI, TDI 130 for another £1500. Money well spent in my opinion. It does 50mpg, terrific to drive and completely free of any faults. Not a single squeak or rattle. Free at last!
:D

By the way, a dealer/manufacturer is under NO legal obligation to REPLACE a car if it is rejected. They only have to give the customer a refund.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Re: Dealers' Attitude to Replacement Followng Rejection

MINZRED said:
I rejected my MINI in mid December, my dealer was able to find a replacement with exactly the same spec within 7 days and was ready for me to collect before the end of December and they did throw in a few extras at no cost, ... all in all a good service from Halliwell Jones BMW.:)
It's good to see that a some dealers take service seriously. My local dealers offered no loan car, no compensation, no extras, no discount. They just expected me to re-order and wait 3 months for a replacement.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts