MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rejected my Cooper in writing on 13/1/02 after it left me stranded for the 2nd time in a matter of weeks.
The car was purchased on 19/11/01 and failed to start on 2/12/01 but was "pursuaded" to start by a BMW technician only to fail once I tried to drive home. After one & half weeks in the dealers and a S*** courtesy car, I was mobile again until 1100 miles on 10/01/02, where again refusing to start, it was recovered and still now lies in the dealers compound.
I have been promised a new car of the same spec at no cost to myself in March, however they still have my £14300. I want to see this promise in "writing", and am refusing a courtesy car until I see a contract in black & white .
£315 of the purchase price was for "shortfall insurance", of which BMW finance have no record. Moral of story - don't pay cash for your car .
O'K the car is fun but the ownership experience has left me with a sour taste in my mouth, since none of my previous old cars let me down this badly and the most expensive was £4000 & had 80000 on the clock!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Poor Customer Service and No Initiative

It's about time MINI/BMW realised that it would be a good idea to reserve an allocation of production for "emergencies."

These vehicles could, and should, be made available to dealers when a replacement is needed following rejection or damage to the customer's vehicle. The specification could be finalised and vehicles delivered to customers in a matter of a couple of weeks rather than months.

To have a bad experience made worse by a long delay on replacing a vehicle merely rubs salt into the wound.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Re: Poor Customer Service and No Initiative

ricardo said:
It's about time MINI/BMW realised that it would be a good idea to reserve an allocation of production for "emergencies."

These vehicles could, and should, be made available to dealers when a replacement is needed following rejection or damage to the customer's vehicle. The specification could be finalised and vehicles delivered to customers in a matter of a couple of weeks rather than months.

To have a bad experience made worse by a long delay on replacing a vehicle merely rubs salt into the wound.
Well the Oxford plant is supposed to be capable of producing 40 cars an hour.........where on earth are they all going ????

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Where are they going??? Probably America and Oz ;) Enjoy them when they arrive :D :D :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts