MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being relatively new the world of Mini, I've found it wise to research the Clubman online as much as I can. Looking over issues, problems, complaints, and even praises.

I have been jazzed since Saturday after taking a test drive of a Mini Clubman, and while I won't be able to put in an order for 1 for a while, I am sure it's what I want when the time is right, and when the money is available.

But despite all that, and despite that it's obvious everyone here's loves their Mini, have there been problems with the car that appear not to be isolated cases? One site had customer complaints of transmissions dying on them, granted they were for Mini's around 2002 to 2004, so there could've been a problem with a particular year I suppose.

It's good to be cautious when purchasing a new vehicle of course, so I hope I don't sound like I'm dissing the Mini brand. I'm just still looking for info from anyone willing to provide this lad with a thought or two.

Cheers!

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
http://www.mini2.com/forum/mini-clubman/

check out the specific section and ask some questions.:D

You are correct though, some years and some variations have problems that all relate to when they were made etc. Havent heard any big problems with the clubman yet though.

This website is probably the best to find things like this out.

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
MOST (although not all) complaints and problems with gearboxes probably came from the midland gears unit fitted to the MINI One (not US) and Cooper from 2001 to July 2004, so that may be why you've picked up on that.

Take a look in the 2nd gen faults and fixes forum, should give you a decent overview, but there's not too many common issues with the Clubman that I've seen come up again and again.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
See you over in the Clubman forum - and welcome to MINI2, The Font of MINI info! ;)

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Also worth remembering that most people report problems on here, there really isn't much point in posting about how your car is trouble free;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also worth remembering that most people report problems on here, there really isn't much point in posting about how your car is trouble free;)
A VERY good point. lol

One bit of good news, I was approved for the best financing rate today from Mini of Peabody, MA. To say I'm excited is an understatement!!!!!!

I'm thinking Sparkling Silver, with red doors and seats. Hence my online name, Silverblood. :p

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Rakey's point is an extremely worth while one for us all to remember.

Red doors - on the inside you mean?;)

If I were to order another MINI today, me thinks I'd go with Sparkling Silver...or Lightning Blue...or... Actually I love the subtlety of SS. Good for you on your rate...now take your time and all will come to fruition.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts