MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know if there is a uk company ( preferably with mobile facilities or ne england agent ) that does a remap for the bmw diesel engined mini cooper.
Thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The Mini cooper engine is a 1.6 petrol build in Brasil to BMW specifications. Its not build by BMW. Unless you are supercharging or turbo charging it i dont think u will get a lot from a petrol engined Cooper.It already has 116bhp If its a diesel then maybe you can get a remap at the price of 250 quid for another 10-20 bhp.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

The Mini cooper engine is a 1.6 petrol build in Brasil to BMW specifications. Its not build by BMW. Unless you are supercharging or turbo charging it i dont think u will get a lot from a petrol engined Cooper.It already has 116bhp If its a diesel then maybe you can get a remap at the price of 250 quid for another 10-20 bhp.
Thanks shiku84,
The cooper has a BMW Diesel engine and I was looking for someone to remap it. I don't seem to be able to find anyone that lists a remap for this engine though.

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
The engine used in the 1st Gen MINI One Diesel was made by Toyota. The engine used in the 2nd Gen MINI One Diesel and MINI Cooper Diesel is made by Peugeot. The engine in upcoming Cooper S Diesel is made by BMW.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks shiku84,
The cooper has a BMW Diesel engine and I was looking for someone to remap it. I don't seem to be able to find anyone that lists a remap for this engine though.
As i am a member in another forum i will find out for ya. I know one dude who does remaps for BMW-s as i owe a Bm as well. But not sure if he does remaps for Mini engines.:biggrin::biggrin:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi MINIAC

The engine used in the 1st Gen MINI One Diesel was made by Toyota. The engine used in the 2nd Gen MINI One Diesel and MINI Cooper Diesel is made by Peugeot. The engine in upcoming Cooper S Diesel is made by BMW.
Hi MINIAC,
As far as I know from September 2010 the engine in the Cooper Diesel is indeed made by BMW and is derived from the engine use in the BMW 1 series.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

As i am a member in another forum i will find out for ya. I know one dude who does remaps for BMW-s as i owe a Bm as well. But not sure if he does remaps for Mini engines.:biggrin::biggrin:
Thanks for the help SHIKU84

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cooper D & BMW engine remap

Try Will Spooner at P Torque. He has worked for Bosch in the past, and is pretty much a guru on all things ecu for BMW & Mini, including the latest type encrypted ecu's now being fitted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
Seamus Not Faster
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing