MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mini2 Dreamer
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I know I'm not exactly well known around here but I went for my test drive and I just had to share with someone who would actually understand why I'm so excited now.... I guess you could say that I am finding out it is quite true that Mini Fans/Drivers/Owners are the only ones who really understand how great these cars are, at least it's how my family and friends seem to be acting when I tell them about my experience.

But anyways... Went to Dreyer & Rheinboldt Mini (The only auth. dealer here in Indiana) and took a gander around, asked a few questions and got to drive what will basicly be the twin to my order. Driving it will deffinately take some getting used to on my part since I have only ever driven full sized pickups at the farms and my p.o.s. car that I have right now. I was amazed at the smooth ride and how light the handling was, the only thing that actually scared me though was how when I was pushing the break or accelerator I couldn't even feel it... It was so light in movement that I had to actually make sure it was moving... I'm sure that makes me sound quite dumb...But it's a far cry from what I'm used to driving !! I have decided to go with a British Racing Green body with contrasting white roof, The Premium Package, DSC and Cordova Black & Tan Leather Interior. If I finish up my insurance quotes and get the order in within the next two weeks I should finally recieve the car around the first week of October. It means a much tighter budget for me but I am sure it will be worth it!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Definitely worth it

Took delivery of my EB/W Cooper on 23rd July - facelift model, and I haven't stopped grinning yet (facelifts all round!). Something tells me it will always be that way.

The worst part for me was the waiting, I ordered mine at the end of May -this site sure helped pass the time and give me some useful info all things mini.

Start checking off the days on the calendar!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
he drove... he wants...

I test drove my first Mini recently as well (Mini of Charleston - don't think the sales staff took the Yankee sweating his *ahem* off seriously in his shorts and sandals *sigh*), and am now resigned to only waiting for the full 05 specs to be out before that $1k gets sent to the dealer most friendly... though I must give my "motoring advisor" credit, as she didn't wince in pain as I tried to double the speed limit through a very enjoyable series of "S" turns... and while it's not a hard decision at all to make, my only hesitation is that I'll be going back to a 6-speed for the first time in... in... well, a long long time... I fear for my brother's car in the very near future... :D

·
The Hartge Experience
1,032 Posts
I wont forget my test drive, (mcs), when i booted it down a dual carriage way, i got to 90, and said ill take one, and when a twisty road came up, she grabbed the new 05 spec grab handle pmsl!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
RobHardyUK
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing