MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mini2 Dreamer
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I know I'm not exactly well known around here but I went for my test drive and I just had to share with someone who would actually understand why I'm so excited now.... I guess you could say that I am finding out it is quite true that Mini Fans/Drivers/Owners are the only ones who really understand how great these cars are, at least it's how my family and friends seem to be acting when I tell them about my experience.

But anyways... Went to Dreyer & Rheinboldt Mini (The only auth. dealer here in Indiana) and took a gander around, asked a few questions and got to drive what will basicly be the twin to my order. Driving it will deffinately take some getting used to on my part since I have only ever driven full sized pickups at the farms and my p.o.s. car that I have right now. I was amazed at the smooth ride and how light the handling was, the only thing that actually scared me though was how when I was pushing the break or accelerator I couldn't even feel it... It was so light in movement that I had to actually make sure it was moving... I'm sure that makes me sound quite dumb...But it's a far cry from what I'm used to driving !! I have decided to go with a British Racing Green body with contrasting white roof, The Premium Package, DSC and Cordova Black & Tan Leather Interior. If I finish up my insurance quotes and get the order in within the next two weeks I should finally recieve the car around the first week of October. It means a much tighter budget for me but I am sure it will be worth it!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Definitely worth it

Took delivery of my EB/W Cooper on 23rd July - facelift model, and I haven't stopped grinning yet (facelifts all round!). Something tells me it will always be that way.

The worst part for me was the waiting, I ordered mine at the end of May -this site sure helped pass the time and give me some useful info all things mini.

Start checking off the days on the calendar!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
he drove... he wants...

I test drove my first Mini recently as well (Mini of Charleston - don't think the sales staff took the Yankee sweating his *ahem* off seriously in his shorts and sandals *sigh*), and am now resigned to only waiting for the full 05 specs to be out before that $1k gets sent to the dealer most friendly... though I must give my "motoring advisor" credit, as she didn't wince in pain as I tried to double the speed limit through a very enjoyable series of "S" turns... and while it's not a hard decision at all to make, my only hesitation is that I'll be going back to a 6-speed for the first time in... in... well, a long long time... I fear for my brother's car in the very near future... :D

·
The Hartge Experience
1,032 Posts
I wont forget my test drive, (mcs), when i booted it down a dual carriage way, i got to 90, and said ill take one, and when a twisty road came up, she grabbed the new 05 spec grab handle pmsl!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts