MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
R53 Cooper S Owner
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Ive just found why mine was £95 and other people only paid £60. There are two versions made by Carisma:
http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/

Carisma GT14 Mini Cooper S John Cooper Works Gp Rtr Kit
# CA51868
Item is available.
Price: GBP£ 107.65

Stunning RC Mini Cooper with great detail, awesome body shell and 4WD performance.

The GT14 uses a beautifully finished scale bodyshell of some of the hottest GT cars around, scale black wheels as pictured on car not white as shown on chassis. Underneath the chassis is built to a very high specification featuring ballraced shaft drive, threaded shocks, slipper, diffs and twin deck chassis. All electronics, batteries and charger are included. Not cheap but a really great little car.

Hand-finished by Bertone in Italy, the Mini Cooper S John Cooper Works GP Kit was produced as a limited-production run of 2000 cars in 2006. Available in just one colour scheme, Thunder Blue with a Pure Silver roof, each car was individually numbered and features a decal on the roof along with a plaque on the dashboard. The last of the supercharged Minis and a genuine Limited Edition model, it is expected that the Mini Cooper S with John Cooper Works GP Kit will become a collectors' item. Carisma brings all the great details together to produce this authentic scale model of one of the world's most recognisable cars.

Features

* Fully decorated car body
* Fully assembled chassis
* Pre-installed 2 channel radio system
* Adjustable oil shocks
* Off-road tyres
* Adjustable slipper
* Gear differential
* Pre-oiled ball bearings
* 370 Class Sport motor with heatsink
* Compact all-in-one ESC/Receiver
* High performance mini servo
* 7.2V Battery with battery charger

Spec Check

* Length: 280mm
* Width: 130-132mm
* Wheelbase: 185-190mm
* Tyre: 49mm x 18mm
* Approx Weight: 900g

&

Carisma M14 Mini Cooper S John Cooper Works Gp Rtr Kit
# CA96868
Item is available.
Price: GBP£ 58.72

Not sure what the differences are I think the cheaper one are r'wd, wheres as mine is 4wd. I will post the differences once I open it on christmas day and have a play. Makes me feel better now knowing my gf has not been ripped off.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Hi Tweedbean........as a matter of interest is the transmitter pistol shaped or the normal flat type used for flying model aircraft ?

I presume the controls are throttle and brakes ?

·
R53 Cooper S Owner
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Its a pistol remote, not really seen it yet as its a Christmas gift from my gf so ive only seen the box when it was delivered.

·
R53 Cooper S Owner
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Carisma RC Mini

This version is 4wd and is amazing. Its definitely not a toy. I've included some pictures below and I cant wait to give it a full blast in an big open space. Had a quick go in the grove and it was great, really fast. It looks great and the battery lasted ages. The pistol remote has lots of adjustable knobs for throttle and steering response.

Well worth the £95 price tag. I'm going to learn to drive this one properly and then I fancy getting a nitro powered car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,184 Posts

·
R53 Cooper S Owner
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hi Tweedbean,

Looks great !!!!!!

If you are interested in getting a Nitro driven car then you might find the following link useful: -

Nitro Radio Controlled Buggy, Condor, RC Car, Petrol, Futaba equipment, Gearbox, 4WD, Team Infinity 15S pull start engine - UK

Got an 18" long 4- wheel drive buggy off them a year ago, goes like mad and the engine revs up to 30,000 RPM. You can buy them in kits or ready assembled complete with remote control. Just need batteries and fuel.
Is this the sort of thing you can run on grass or dirt, and can be jumped off ramps?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Is this the sort of thing you can run on grass or dirt, and can be jumped off ramps?

YES..........they will run OK on any surface provided it's dry. And will do wheelies:D

There are two ways you can control them:-
a) Using an R/C pistol grip controller.
b) Or a normal flat transmitter with joystick controls as used for flying model aircraft.

As I fly model aircraft I prefer using the above, but it's a matter of choice.

You will also need battery packs for the radio receiver inside the buggy, and batteries for the transmitter plus chargers.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Hi Tweedbean.

Following on to my previous post on this topic, I would add that electric cars as opposed to Nitro are far more environmentally friendly. No noise or smoke and less hassle, just have a few spare charged batteries and you can have a lot of fun:D

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Hello, I have tried to locate a GT-14 JCW GP to purchase and have been unable to arrange for it in the United States, any ideas? Thanks
Check out Racing Devil Hobbies. They are based in Richmond BC, Canada.

Racing Devil Vancouver Canada RC Hobby store

MINIs aren't listed on their website but at the physical store, they do have a 1/24 scale Kyosho MINI as well as other scale MINIs and minis.

Their ebay store is here, but you should call or email them your inquiries for any specific car.

Shop eBay Canada Store - Racing Devil Hobbies:: Heli Parts, RC Accessories

I'm not associated with the folks there, but I do enjoy just hanging out and drooling over all the stuff they have at the store.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Got my Electric Mini Cooper 'S' RTR GT14 a couple of weeks ago.....very impressed:D

My only criticism is the steering.....it has a poor lock which reduces it's maneuverability:bad:

This is the first electric car I have owned, the others have been nitro powered, and I must say electric is far less hassle without the need to take fuel with you.....just a spare receiver battery.
I love the 4-wheel drive and reverse, and the fact you don't need to brake as the electric motor does it for you. As Tweedbean said roll on when I can use it outside :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had absolutely no luck with STO outfit.. CML Distributing hooked me up, but I had to have a friend in UK purchase.They will only ship UK as well. He is going to forward here to California. Thanks for help.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Had absolutely no luck with STO outfit.. CML Distributing hooked me up, but I had to have a friend in UK purchase.They will only ship UK as well. He is going to forward here to California. Thanks for help.

Please let me know how you get on with it.

Regards,

caesar

21 - 40 of 52 Posts