MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

does anybody here know if i can have the large chrono dial removed and a standard large speedo re-installed on my 54 plate cooper ?

i really dislike the chrono pack

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
The physical size and fittings should be the same, but wiring might be different, maybe a dealer or someone with a wiring diagram will pop up and help.

I have to agree (and have said so since day one in all reviews and comments) that the Chrono pack is poor solution to the "problem" of a lack of dials, looks quite cheap and messy to me.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I agree.

I would love to have a nice OEM oil temperature gauge but ultimately I decided to do without rather than install the Chrono Pack. Dunno, just doesn't look good to me.

·
International Merrymaker
426 Posts
I would be willing to wager that there is someone on here that would be willing to trade you the Speedo for the Chrono Pack. No idea how that would all work out.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Can't trade the dash mounted cluster (speedo,chrono,tacho) unless both cars has less that 1000 km and then you still need your delaer to help you reprogram the cluster for the new car.

If you want a speedo go to dealer and ask for a speedo to fitted, make sure you are sitting down when you get told the price.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
well it is not a factory program option, but IT might work as the cluster behind the SW just sits on the bus and picks up the data that it needs for the thing it needs to display. eg rmp speed, water temp and so on..........

I have heard of a MINI with two Tacho installed and both worked, but it was not much good as you could not tell what speed you were doing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts