MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, was thinking to remove the rear aero kit bumper vinyl. havent got any spare cash to get phil's one to match the aero grille. its a BEP mini, but i've only seen what it looks like on a BLACK MINI. what would it look like on mine?

ALSO more importantly...how do i remove it? (hoping i wont have to remove the bumper!)

·
Registered
954 Posts
As Munchkin says warm it up with a hairdryer and it peels off... Be warned though you will get some funny looks from onlookers... I went the Pirate route for decals and have to say they look superb... Highly recommended... :D

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
yep heat gets 'em off but you are left with a lot of adhesive gunk on the panel so clean this off very carefully with some degreasing solution or a de-polish.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mine was a pain to remove, the vinyl was brittle and kept snapping off as I peeled it. But looks alot better now with the new decals from mini pirate.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Actually ordered from Mini Pirate before I even got the aero kit on! I wished I had gotten black with white dots instead of grey dots, though. Would have been more visible.

Attachments

·
Crakle and pop!!
438 Posts
I am doing this tommorow, i have astro black. What you rekon guys leave her naked or go with a decal from phil?

·
Crakle and pop!!
438 Posts
Took the stickers off, that glue didnt want to budge lol! I cant decied whether it looks too "naked" now or better lol. If i ordered a thin ofset stripe Phil would it go all the way over this part of the bumper? Just i wouldnt want to buy an areo kit decal then have to stop or go over it :)

·
Crakle and pop!!
438 Posts
:) Cheers Phil will bear this in mind, i am wanting to machine polish my car before i order a stripe of some sort from yourself, after this is it best to tape up the vinyl? Also is the vinyl avaible in gloss style? :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts