MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eb: All - I need to remove the plastic wheel arches to apply my vinyl side stripes along the door and back panel to each arch. Any info / tips on the removal / re-assembly is most welcome. Rather tuck the edge away behind the plastic than stop it and it peels off in a years' time! Thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wheel Arches

I have an 04 MCS and recieved a ding just to the side of a wheel arch. Much to my surprise upon inspection, i noticed a small piece of gray plastic on the ground. The wheel arch was slightly lose, but not too much. Upon further inspection I noticed the wheel arch had been jarred and so I attempted to look at it. It just popped off and broke one of the retaining clips. There are several there and more than likely you will break them if you try to remove them. I will be buying new clips and possibly a new arch from the dealer because the fit is not snug anymore. The clips are designed to be used only once I think.
:indi:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
298 said:
... I will be buying new clips and possibly a new arch from the dealer because the fit is not snug anymore. The clips are designed to be used only once I think.
:indi:
Thanks 298 - Think I might take a wander round to my Local dealer and have a "word or two!" Will reveal what happens . . . !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts