MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Cooper r50
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all first post, been lurking for a while, tried to find the answer to this but having no luck.

I recently bought a r50 2004 Cooper, the other day a grinding/rattling noise started coming from underneath took a look and it's the aircon pump pulley.

With the lockdown in place i'm struggling to find someone to take a look at it and as I don't use aircon anyway, Is it possible to just put the shorter belt from the non-aircon car on to this one to bypass the aircon pump until I can get the aircon sorted?

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Belt Ref.6PK894
Length mm893
No.Ribs6
Date To07/2004
Driven UnitsAlternator
Vehicle FeatureWithout A/C
dayco belt above is listed for non aircon engines for r50 on eurocar parts item number Dayco Drive BeltProduct Code: 202120015
it should go from crank bottom pulley to water pump pulley and root same way from there on up as such, take pics of old root before pulling apart if can,

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
to be sure would measure the root before ordering abelt and then just order a 6 rib belt to the length you need, or order 2 or 3 belts around that size and return the two that dont fit is how i tend to mod stuff like that,,, ie good fit belt is where tensioner at full travel you can just get belt on pulleys

1 - 3 of 3 Posts