MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

As some may already know, we got MiniPirate to give our black-roofed Cooper a full UJ vinyl wrap.

Something I didn't think about at the time was the spoiler. Which is still black.

So I wondered how easy/expensive it would be to get hold of a White Cooper Spoiler and replace the black one for the white.

Anyone done it?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one's fitted a Spoiler to a Cooper?

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Easy job............open tailgate remove the black plastic grommet plugs/caps covering the nuts by prizing them out with a flat screwdriver - top inside (3 on earlier Minis, 2 on later I think), using a suitable sized socket (10mm from memory) undo the nuts holding the spoiler to the tailgate. Pull off spoiler, some are also stuck with sticky pads which requires a bit of careful levering off being careful not to damage the paintwork.
Cooper S is similar method but has no middle nut fixing even on early cars.
Hope this helps :)
Used Spoilers in different colours regularly come up on ebay when people upgrade to Cooper S or JCW spoiler so you could buy one and sell yours or why not try a diy spray job from black to white when it is off the car?

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
deano had a hard enough job getting his cooper spoiler off, it has double sided tape which is really tough to break the seal

send him a PM!

·
settling in nicely
246 Posts
So - an update on my earlier post - I replaced the non-spoiler on my R56 Cooper D yesterday for a Cooper S one - there were 5 bolts across the inside of the boot lid, hidden behind 5 plastic caps. Was very straightforward - just unbolt, lift off and replace - no glue or anything. The hardest part was when i opened the socket set i had it upside down (typical girl) so all the sockets fell out and i had to spend 10 minutes putting them all back in the right holes in the case!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts