MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am embarrassed to write this, but after 2 hours of futility must admit it - I cannot figure out how to remove the air foil/spoiler on the drivers site wiper and re-install it to the replacement Basch wiper blade. Surely this is possible, and simple. School me someone please.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I installed mine in the trash can. Looks better and works as well too. I don't think it will fit on a replacement wiper blade unless you get it from MINI. Better take plenty of money if you get one of those, and I hear they don't last very long either.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Those airfoil wipers are usually more for style than effect. My wife has a VW Passat, which had that big wing on the driver's side wiper only. It costs a fortune to get the real VW blade, and replacements without thewing work just fine. I assume the same is true of the mini, especially since the blades are so much shorter than most these days. Like my old VW Beetles!

·
DrJ
170 Posts
I recently replaced mine with original parts from Mini and I thought they were pretty cheap (although can't remember exactly how much :confused: ). I also replaced by wifes 3 series blades with originals from the same dealer and these were cheaper than a set from the local car accesory shop.

·
Sitting on a park bench..
1,183 Posts
I put some Anco winter blades on my car and I too, couldn't get the airfoil over. Initially, I did notice a difference at speeds > 35mph, that the blade didn't "stick" to the window quite as well. So it would seem the airfoil serves a purpose aside from aesthetics.

I've also noted that the driver's blade doesn't meet the windshield at about the point where it intersects the passenger blade. So far it's not a huge issue w/ regards to my field of vision, but as the roads get sloppier here from snow / slush / mud, it may be.

I'm planning on throwing the airfoil blade back on in the spring, and then hit my MINI dealer for a free replacement blade (I think they're covered?)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.