MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:frown:Hi All

Have a big problem, my 2 year old daughter has just posted coins into the CD head unit of our brand new Mini!!!!

Does anyone know how you get the facia off so I can get to the head unit to emptie the coins.
HELP...................:aargh:

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
The head unit is a sealed unit, its not just a case of taking the facia off, you will need to take the unit out of the car first and then try to get into it if you can without breaking it.

Oh and good luck selling the car;)

·
land of hope and glory
129 Posts
well ive just had to do this on mine to change the stereo from a tape deck to sony head unit.

i didnt need instruction as i figured it out, not sure if its the same on new minis as on the old ones but here goes.

2 screws either side of the stereo on the silver stems/pillars (total x4).

next one screw in each cup holder. (total x2)

lastly prise the leccie mirror switch out (back of where the gearstick is) and theres 2 screws under there.

you,ll then find you can remove the side stems (silver pillars) and you will see the screws that allow you to remove the stereo.

as said i did this one my 02 reg mini and im not sure its the same on the newer models but i wouldnt expect it to be too different.

then i suppose you could try to open the stereo/head unit and fish the coins out. hopefully.....good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The head unit is a sealed unit, its not just a case of taking the facia off, you will need to take the unit out of the car first and then try to get into it if you can without breaking it.

Oh and good luck selling the car;)
:hmph:Thank god its not the one were selling.

I think it will have to go in to the dealer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well ive just had to do this on mine to change the stereo from a tape deck to sony head unit.

i didnt need instruction as i figured it out, not sure if its the same on new minis as on the old ones but here goes.

2 screws either side of the stereo on the silver stems/pillars (total x4).

next one screw in each cup holder. (total x2)

lastly prise the leccie mirror switch out (back of where the gearstick is) and theres 2 screws under there.

you,ll then find you can remove the side stems (silver pillars) and you will see the screws that allow you to remove the stereo.

as said i did this one my 02 reg mini and im not sure its the same on the newer models but i wouldnt expect it to be too different.
:frown:Huge difference from the 1st generation the front facia and interior is completely different but thanks for your help

1 - 13 of 13 Posts