MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MINI2 New Owner!
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum and this is my first thread! yey.

I've just bought a cooper with the 60's RAF style logo on the roof, before buying the car I knew I wanted this removing when I had the time / money, I have been reading up on the methods, the only problem is that it's a 2004 and I am assuming these have been on since then :D

Has anybody had any experience with this?

I am worried with the DIY method that I might have faded marks on my bonnet (I want the stripes off now because of your damn links to minipirate!!! :p) and on my roof.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Bear in mind that I am mostly worried about the faded paint! :]

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
Are you planning on replacing the decals with something from MiniPirate?

Phil might be able to suggest a way of getting them off so as not to damage anything :) and im sure after a good polish up it would be ok.

My roof decal came off with the help of a hairdryer, but that had only been on 3 months so wasnt really bedded in :p

·
MINI2 New Owner!
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was hoping to find out if anybody had done it when they'd been on as long or longer than mine, Yeah, I was hoping to get something unique from minipirate!

I just dont want to screw it up and have random stripes where paint has faded as I wont be getting the custom decals for a few months, as alloys are first priority!

Thanks for the fast reply though!

·
Chilli
2,499 Posts
most people find it fine getting them off when i took my bonnet stripe off it took the laquer off the paint but i think that was a dodjey bmw stripe. I had it resprayed after that the bonnet just take your time, its hard work getting roof grapphics like checks off!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts