MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my little coops again goes back to the garage tomorrow in the hope of gettng better.

Repairs scheduled are 2 new wheel arch panels, the back passenger interior panel, and repairs to the two front sports seats.

Lets hope that when I go to pick it up - it is the last trip I make to the dealership until the 10,000 mile service !!!!!.

Fingers crossed.

Tomo

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its back

Well here we go.

I would say that the drivers seat has significantly improved since the repair fix. However if pressure is applied backwards on either seat with the lumbar support on maximum there is still a popping noise and feeling in your back. Has any other owners tried this out. I would be interested to know if this is evident on other models.

It is unlikely that the lumbar support function will be used to it's maximum but it is a tad annoying as I carried out a comparison with a showroom model which was much better. Since the repair the drives seat does seem to be squeaking far more than it did. Luckily I have a reasonable CD player to cancel this noise out at this stage !!!!.

In the little time I have had inspecting the vehicle, I would say that I am happy with the replacement interior back panel fitted. It is far better than the original one.

I have now had replacement panels fitted twice on the front and back passenger wheel arches. The most recent panels fitted are much better than the previous ones. However, I reckon BMW should be aware that replacement panels do not clip in as well as the original ones fitted at production. It is very minor but the clipping does not provide a flush fitting at the bottom end of the panel. I would be interested in hearing if anyone else has experienced this.

The dealership took my concerns seriously and I am awaiting feedback from them regarding the LUMBAR again.

RE : SUPERGLUE !! dont fancy using this for plastic panel perfection but if you do attempt this be careful !!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.