MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen an official factory Repair Manual for the MINI? I am curious because I understand that a number of the new car manufacturers are publishing their manuals on CD's these days. Please post if you have any relevent info.

Thanks,

Tom

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
I saw what appeared to be the real thing on eBay several weeks ago. I can't find it now. It also featured the full BMW line besides MINI - would it be possible to fit all that on one disk?

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
BruceK said:
I saw what appeared to be the real thing on eBay several weeks ago. I can't find it now. It also featured the full BMW line besides MINI - would it be possible to fit all that on one disk?
My BMW, sorry MINI dealers Cooper "S" factory manual had a CD attached to the inside. At the time, I didn't think to ask him what it was for. Maybe just a spare parts list. Next time I go in there for my MINI "fix", I'll ask him.

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
They do have a CD which contains all of the information, including fitting of official accessories

·
Mulberry Red Mini 40
1,048 Posts
I have asked my dealers the following questions:

Is a Manual available?
Is there software available?
Who manufactured the standard radio?
Whats the meaning of life, the universe and everything?

His answer to all was "Dont Know, i'll ask the service department".

Ok place your bets please gents, my guess is No, No, Dunno and 42.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
BMW could probably offer the manual to the public on a CD in PDF format. One CD could probably hold a manual for every car model they have. They could sell it for $20 or so and make money. But you can bet, if it is sold, it will be expensive to deter an individual from buying one and then making and selling copies. Lots of companies have manuals you can download on the Internet for free. BMW may want to keep theirs in the hands of dealers only to prevent individuals or small shops from competing with them in repairs. Car companies don't make the bulk of their profit selling you the car. They make it on the service. Henry Ford once said "I'll give you the car. I'll make my money on the parts."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts