MINI Cooper Forum banner

Replacement Boot Mini Badge?

20K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  rivet588 
#1 ·
Okay, well today I come out of Tesco to find that some SCRUFFY CHAV (can only assume thats who done it) has decided to take my boot mini badge.

Now I need a replacement badge, where can I get one of these (apart from the dealer, unless I have to) I was told they are around £40 from here!

I have found 1 or 2 on ebay and they claim to be official mini badges.

I now have 2 holes behind where the badge would sit, do the badges have like prongs that grip inside these holes? or is it just a stick on badge?

#2 ·
I would have thougt ebay was your best bet & should be the cheapest but watch out as the genuine go for near that price & the cheap ones tend to be the non metal version.

Do your reasurch & ask if there the metal version before you buy as you can easily get caught out

Yes the boot one is sticky & the front is a screw fix as far as i know thats what i have.

#10 ·
Im wondering if the person who had my car before had this done and just replaced with plastic ones, as if they is a bolt etc that needs fixing behind then how did they get my badge off?

also when i buy a replacement with the prongs how do I get behind the bootlid to secude the bolts on? do I have to take the boot to bits to get into it? if you get me

#13 ·
Did you ever get hold of new badges? Someone very kindly nicked the front and back ones off our MCS at the weekend. :angry:

£20.30 each from dealer, fiver off ebay which claim to be genuine.

Looks like they do just stick on front and back as there is sticky residue left behind. Like someone said earlier, they can't have screwed on as then they couldn't have got them off?

They have scratched the paint too, but it looks like that will be pretty much covered by the new badges.

#14 ·
i just got some off ebay today..........front and back, they look 100% to me

take a chance, its only a bloody fiver for god sake, whats the worse that can happen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.