MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, a newbie question for you all!

My brother in law runs a garage business in the Czech Republic and has had a customer tow in a 2001 Cooper S with a wrecked engine.

Long story short is that it is cheaper for them (well, me actually) to source an engine in the UK and drive it over there than for him to rebuild the existing or find another in mainland Europe.

I have found an engine in a breakers from a 2003 car but there is a slight difference in the engine code.
The original (bust) engine begins W10B16A, the new engine starts W10B16D.
Only one letter out, I know, but does it make a difference?

If it is any help, the chassis codes for the two vehicles end TB58211 for the original car, TG22651 for the donor.

Any help much appreciated!

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
2001 Cooper S :confused:

TB58211 = May 2002 build LHD Cooper
TG22651 = Feb 2003 build RHD Cooper

W10B16 is the codename for a Cooper or One engine but I'm not sure what the A and D suffix mean.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Engine Number

DO YOU KNOW WHERE IS LOCATE THE ENGINE NUMBER TRITEC W10B16

I'M NOT FAMILIAR WITH THIS CAR
I PRECIATE YOUR HELP

QUOTE=Rubin215;3516287]Hi everyone, a newbie question for you all!

My brother in law runs a garage business in the Czech Republic and has had a customer tow in a 2001 Cooper S with a wrecked engine.

Long story short is that it is cheaper for them (well, me actually) to source an engine in the UK and drive it over there than for him to rebuild the existing or find another in mainland Europe.

I have found an engine in a breakers from a 2003 car but there is a slight difference in the engine code.
The original (bust) engine begins W10B16A, the new engine starts W10B16D.
Only one letter out, I know, but does it make a difference?

If it is any help, the chassis codes for the two vehicles end TB58211 for the original car, TG22651 for the donor.

Any help much appreciated![/QUOTE]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts