MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had folding mirrors retro-fitted to their R56 S?
They look the business!

Wondered how easy it is? - I've heard wiring loom is already fitted?
Have also heard some are operated by a toggle switch, whilst others from the key remote. - This has got to be the better option?

Appreciate some help guys.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Minis have custom wiring looms for each car, so it is quite possible that if your car wasn't built with folding mirrors, it won't have the wiring for them either, so that would have to be made up and added.

I believe the folding mirrors are controlled only from the interior armrest knob - certainly there is no option to program them to auto-fold on locking as exists on some other makes.

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
Minis have custom wiring looms for each car, so it is quite possible that if your car wasn't built with folding mirrors, it won't have the wiring for them either, so that would have to be made up and added.

I believe the folding mirrors are controlled only from the interior armrest knob - certainly there is no option to program them to auto-fold on locking as exists on some other makes.
Thats correct, mine has them, they dont auto fold, you twiddle the knob on the door to make then fold/unfold as required.
Handy when entering the garage, gives you an extra couple of inches each side.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx gents,

With that in mind, seems like an awful lot of expense (and work) for them not to be controlled by remote.
Not worth the effort methinks?

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
Thanx gents,

With that in mind, seems like an awful lot of expense (and work) for them not to be controlled by remote.
Not worth the effort methinks?
Of course thats not to say someone with a little electrical know how couldnt make them auto fold from the remote, or upon switching off the engine say? I bet it can be done?

·
Registered
Mini Cooper D Clubman LCI
113 Posts
I have an R55 without the power fold option .
I have bought the switch and relay for the power folds .
I believe the LCI models have to have an 11 pin mirror ? .
Where would the power fold module be located as once I have found the location I can check to see if the wiring is there .
Thanks
John

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have an R55 without the power fold option .
I have bought the switch and relay for the power folds .
I believe the LCI models have to have an 11 pin mirror ? .
Where would the power fold module be located as once I have found the location I can check to see if the wiring is there .
Thanks
John
did you succeed with this? i want to retrofit power fold mirrors on my r56 lci

1 - 7 of 7 Posts