MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm looking to change my clicking front wiper blades to a pair of the aero type rather than the standard type which smear in the place where the rubber is secured to the metal part of the blade. They look cooler but do they work much better? and which are the best?

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
The wipers on cars with curvier windscreens (Minis, Porsches, etc) are of the conventional style as the new 'aero' type are best suited to flatter screens. There have been forum members who have switched though - perhaps they'll share experience :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
i've tried some falt wiper blades but they didn't curve enough to cover entire windsdreen, so had to send them back. i've read on some threads about silicone ones but never tried them myself.....

·
Registered
565 Posts
i got Valeo Silencio X.TRM Flat Blades

18" and a 19" they covered good only missing a slight band on pass side due to curve

in the end i took them off as the word Valeo was upside down :) bit anal like that sorry

still have them wanna buy them ??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for the offer but I think its best sticking to the standard ones with what I keep reading.
Thanks anyway.

·
MINI2 Veteran
701 Posts
The BEST wipers are the PIAA super silicone.

They do a curved one for the mini as wel! - Wohoo!

Cue the RainX conversations. . . . :rolleyes:

·
Waiting for Works Clubman
338 Posts
I've had a lengthy debate over the last week or so with one of PIAA's suppliers. In a nutshell, they recommend *straight* wipers for both sides, so that's what is in the post to me. If it turns out that the PIAA website is correct, and the supplier is wrong - that the passenger side needs a curved wiper - I'll be slightly dischuffed.

·
MINI2 Veteran
701 Posts
I've had a lengthy debate over the last week or so with one of PIAA's suppliers. In a nutshell, they recommend *straight* wipers for both sides, so that's what is in the post to me. If it turns out that the PIAA website is correct, and the supplier is wrong - that the passenger side needs a curved wiper - I'll be slightly dischuffed.
Ummmm, I think the piaa website is correct. I had curved ones on mine, and they were just about fine. The straight ones didnt hug the screen as well. :s

Sorry!

·
MINI2 Veteran
701 Posts
no it was a perfectly simple question, but I won't bother asking next time
There is no need to be like that, and to be honest, when you put a :D after a question, it hardly looks serious. Coupled with the fact that u have 19,000 odd posts, and have been a member for 5 years. PIAA blades have come up in so many posts.

There is no need to bother asking anyway. Google ;)

·
Registered
21,966 Posts
There is no need to be like that, and to be honest, when you put a :D after a question, it hardly looks serious. Coupled with the fact that u have 19,000 odd posts, and have been a member for 5 years. PIAA blades have come up in so many posts.

There is no need to bother asking anyway. Google ;)
I was only showing enthusiasm about them, post count is irrelevant and I've never been interested before now, it's just that my blades will need replacing soon - it was a very simple question that required a very simple answer or a link that's all. I see nothing wrong with my original post, so your sarcastic replies are not appreciated. why Google when I can usually expect a helpful reply from *most* members? that's the way M2 works

anyway I'm not going to let the original thread go off topic, so apologies to wrightytyke

·
MINI2 Veteran
701 Posts
I was only showing enthusiasm about them, post count is irrelevant and I've never been interested before now, it's just that my blades will need replacing soon - it was a very simple question that required a very simple answer or a link that's all. I see nothing wrong with my original post, so your sarcastic replies are not appreciated. why Google when I can usually expect a helpful reply from *most* members? that's the way M2 works

anyway I'm not going to let the original thread go off topic, so apologies to wrightytyke
Once again I do apologise, I did think you were being a bit sarcastic before.

And yes, sorry to go off topic, but there was no need for it.

FYI - PIAA Wiper Blades

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've just fitted some Bosch Flat Blades on my Mini Cooper R56 work fine
I think they look really good much better than the original Valeo Blades
Helps working for a Motor Factor get good prices

·
Dooper Driver!
104 Posts
Anything is better than the originals in my opinion, I replaced mine recently with a set from Halfords and they are a big improvement!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts