MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to provide me with some info on the MCS charger. Im looking for the actual components used in the installation or the charger, more to do with the piping.

Heres a picture of the charger

And heres the best one i have for the setup for it.

Basically, id like to know where the recirc/relief valve is located in the system?

What connects to the hole in the lower right of the first pic, where the red collar is? and what it does?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
The bypass /recirc valve bolts to the underside of the intercooler outlet 'snoot/bullhorn'
and attaches to an inlet on the SC inlet plenum via 2" length by 2" dia rubber hose.
The red plastic collar is the inlet for the breather systems PCV valve which is a non return valve bolted to LH end of rocker cover, a lengh of rigid plastic pipe pushes into the collet
and locks in.
Regards Roland Gt Tuning Ltd

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, thats exactly what i needed to know. Dont suppose you have any pictures of the valve, or know of the part number?

My guess is, i will need the intake pipe to the SC, as the fitting on it is kinda wierd oval shape, and the bypass valve. I can then fabricate the outlet on the SC and pipe that up.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
The bypass valve (air shutoff valve in MINIspeak) is part number 11-61-1-501-937 - at least in the US.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts