MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've recently been intered in installing cruise control onto my 2011 mini cooper. I have bought the steering wheel connected it and everything is great except the coding. I've managed to get a grip of the coding basics with NCS expert but I have one question. Where is the line of code that controls cruise control and the radio controls ? Is it in CAS ? Or another ECU?

Thank you in advance,

Stefan

·
Registered
514 Posts
From my notes, which are not brilliant.
Change the VO and add $249 to FRM and CAS
SZL module - change MFL to 'activ'
Kombi Module -look for the line = TEMPOMAT_SET2_ANZ_DAUER set to 'wert_02'
Kombi again look for line ACC_AUSSTATTUNG change to 'wert_01'

Entertainment does not require coding and controls should work if you have the correct SZL unit fitted to the steering column. If these do not work immediately then you have the old non compatible SZL hardware (this is the part with the indicators, lights and steering angle sensor) and you are in a bit of a pickle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. I'm getting worried, I had done this before you had replied in hope it would work but nothing happened. The radio controls don't work even. From my understanding all cars from 2007+ were fitted with the correct wiring ? Is this a mistake ? I shall give it another go anyway.

Thank you

·
Registered
514 Posts
Mine is a 2009 and did not have the wiring required in the SZL on the column and I had to use realoem to find the correct part number for the updated unit. I got mine cheap £80. Try it and see but at the end of my project I had spent over £200 and when it came to the crunch I realised that I do not need it 🤣 I rarely use cruise and the controls for entertainment are less than an arm away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts