MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have any idea and/or a clue as to how easy it would be to retrofit the senter dial from the chrono pack?
Are all the wires already in the loom, or is this pack spesific?

I currently have navigation, but since the map is from the year 1648 and doesn't really suit my needs, i'd rather have my water temp there instead.

Part in question is in attachments.

Thanks! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I'm told by 'my man' who breaks, rebuilds, buys sells Gen1 minis and knows a lot about them that the wires are not there in the loom and it is therefore a difficult retro fit. He has one and I desperately want it!! But it looks like it is too difficult, even for him. Don't take this as gospel, it may be incorrect. If so, please let me know and how you do it as I really want one. Mine's standard, no SatNav, so it might be different loom-wise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fitted chrono centre dial and twin speedo/rev counter to my GP , as I thought the oil and temp gauges would be more useful on a potentially track day car . All works fine , save for the tyre pressure warning light showing yellow and the traction control disabled . Not a problem if you want to use the performance without the DSC cutting the engine when the wheels spin . Also , the odometer is showing a different mileage . None of these are insurmountable with access to the right resetting equipment , or a problem in daily use , and I plan to refit the original gauges when and if I part with the car .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts