MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
I am also interested in this / maybe Mini should make kit

I got hurt by my production date, October, and MiniUSA's on and off again Anthracite Headliner. I wanted it, after September Cars which could have it free, US October cars can NOT have it at all. Then in November the $200 dollar option kicks in. Dealer wanted $500 to swap my production date with another owner. $700 seemed just too much for the Anth Headliner.

Dealer is NOT charging me over MSRP, so I will not name them with negative press. Cars in California, are being sold at 3000 to even 6000 over MSRP !!

Please PM me if you get anything figured out. I should have my car by December.

Thanks and Good Luck,

- MadHatter

· The de Chromed MINI
3,218 Posts
I like the idea of this, but I dont think it can be done, if your car is a 04 or earlier as the clock on the 05 cars is relocated to the central speedo,

The parts needed if it could be done are:

Headliner
A,B and C pilar mouldings
Grab handle
Sun Visors x3
Alarm sensor (if fitted)
interior lights

thats of the top of my head so there be more parts needed

· MINI2 No.1
42,306 Posts
The space for the clock (on '04 and before) and the new light thing (on '05) is the same size, you can swap one for the other (exept for the wiring) so if you have an '04 you can just use your clock in the "correct" place. The only thing that will need to be added is the grab handles/extra sun visor, although I'd try and get a LHD and RHD grab handle, as the side sun visor is all but completely useless and I think looks too fussy (just my opinion, of course). The rear view mirror is moderately bigger, but not sure if the size of the base has changed or not.

· Registered
944 Posts
Another option is to have the headliner recovered by a trim shop. It's usually less than $150 to have done and you wouldn't have to worry about any of the extra bits (grab handles, additiional sunvisors). Still have to replace the two front sunvisors, motion sensor and pillar covers though. AND you'd have to figure out what you're going to do with a light grey clock housing. Don't forget the plastic bit on the adjustable seatbelt height adjuster (the piece that slides up and down that sits behind the B-pillar trim piece.

The plastic bits may be painted/dyed instead of being replaced. I have seen it professionally done with good results which seem to hold up well to use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.