MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
JcwMiniAdventures
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys

I need some answers to some questions me & my bruv have to fitting my JCW spoiler. If you can advise me please

1. The older spolier seems to be bolted & stuck - whats the best way to remove
2. How do you cover the old holes & does it seal them - you just use the fish like stickers to cover them???
3. Is yours just glued on or how do you secure more firmly along with the glue???
4. I have the spoiler, glue kit, spoilers ends, instructions- anything i am missing??
5. Any other tips, things not to do or MUST do,advice, experiences etc

Thanks

·
Delete Cookies!
1,945 Posts
Hi guys

I need some answers to some questions me & my bruv have to fitting my JCW spoiler. If you can advise me please

1. The older spolier seems to be bolted & stuck - whats the best way to remove
2. How do you cover the old holes & does it seal them - you just use the fish like stickers to cover them???
3. Is yours just glued on or how do you secure more firmly along with the glue???
4. I have the spoiler, glue kit, spoilers ends, instructions- anything i am missing??
5. Any other tips, things not to do or MUST do,advice, experiences etc

Thanks
1. The spoiler is bolted on and then its held with heavy duty stick sponge pads, similar to those used to hold number plates on except stronger.
Heat and pressure will remove it.
2. You should have two small plastic caps, same colour as the spoiler is painted.
These have a sticky pad on the base and they stick over the bolt hole.
3. Mine is just glued on and is still in place after nearly 20,000 miles.
4. Sounds like you have everything you need, the official MINI instructions are good and show yu details of everything you need.
5. When you removed the old spoiler clean the area well.
I wasn't confident when attaching my spoiler so I had a local body shop fit it.
They had it sit all day to allow the glue to dry, used strips of duck tape to keep the spoiler in place during the drying process and advised me to give it plenty of drying time.

Good luck and lets see some photos :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts