MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
exactmax
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope someone can shed some light on this matter for me...

I started my Cooper S up with the other day and noticed that the red lines on the rev counter only lit up from the 6750rpm mark onwards.... I have read that the Cooper S has a higher reving point than the Cooper or One but I am adament that all the red lines were lit up not so long ago...

I have read all the posts on here concerning it and just wondered if it is down to a fault, normal, or maybe its due to my next oil service (due in 4500miles)... Any ideas anyone?

Many Thanks Everyone
:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I hope someone can shed some light on this matter for me...

I started my Cooper S up with the other day and noticed that the red lines on the rev counter only lit up from the 6750rpm mark onwards.... I have read that the Cooper S has a higher reving point than the Cooper or One but I am adament that all the red lines were lit up not so long ago...

I have read all the posts on here concerning it and just wondered if it is down to a fault, normal, or maybe its due to my next oil service (due in 4500miles)... Any ideas anyone?

Many Thanks Everyone
:)
My Oct 2004 MCS rev counter only has lights from 6750. The finer gradation (where it looks as thought there could be lights) starts at 5500. I suspect the rev counter is universal to all models, with changes to the lights only depending on engine.

I've only had the car a week, but taken it nowhere near the red line - something to aim for :)

Hope this helps, Rob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts