MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Master of the Lost Boys
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got any difficulty getting into reverse without embasrassing gear crunch?

I thought it was just me, but my wife has admitted that she has the same problem on her cabby too. Are we both stupid and have the touch of Emile Heskey?

Every time we go for reverse its hit or miss if we crunch them.

Any comments?

Oh yes, my wife got into her car this afternoon and the courtesy light AND the HEADLIGHTS came on before she put any key in the ignition and when we switched the light indicators up and down there was a funny clicky whirring noise. Wife thinks theres an electrical problem

·
Convertible -here at last
134 Posts
We had the same (gear crunch) problem. Dealer said they all do that - which was supported by people in this forum. They showed me "the knack" and it has been fine since.

Your other question may be down to the way the remote has been programmed. I was told (by my dealer) that there are various options on the way the remote works. The dealer programmes them and the process is not very logical - so it is easy to do wrong.

G

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.