MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a Mini Cooper 1.6 2005 I need to connect a wireless camera to the reverse light cable but could someone advice me which cables are the positive and negative to the reverse light please
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2008 Mini Cooper S hatchback,Automatic,Mello Yellow
876 Posts
You should have three different wires leading there. A Brown wire(ground). A Black with blue stripe(transmission). A Blue with yellow stripe(reverse control switch).
Keep in mind that the reverse control switch and transmission switch are independently Blue with yellow stripe. In other words. If that is how you have to hook this switch up to gain a purchase on the wire right after or as close as possible to the reverse light it's self. not trying to latch on before the two blue with yellow stripe wires are combined into a bigger one.
Or at least that is what the schematic shows. for 2006 and earlier models.
Here!
wiring.JPG

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for the reply but I’m still unsure where to connect the red and black wires from the camera to the reverse light cables to the light unit ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Basically I just need the connect the black to ground and the red so every time I put it into reverse it powers you the camera to come on automatically then of again once out of reverse ? Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do you have a DMM? If you do, you could split those two green wires and put one probe in each, then put the car into reverse. Go to the DMM and if the 12v has a negative sign in front of it, the positive probe is actually your negative wire, and your negative probe is your positive wire Speed Test .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts