MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

Noticed tonight that both my reversing lights are out, both bulbs are good, so im assuming it's a blown fuse.

However, i haven't got a degree in MINI hieroglyphs and couldn't see anything obvious either in the footwell or the engine bay.

If anyone knows what i should be looking for i'd be grateful.

Ta.

Tom.

sorry, just found a link to some fuse listings! doh

hum, the fuse shown in the link is fine. confused now!!

·
N.O.T.R.A.M.O.O
140 Posts
How old is you MINI?

·
N.O.T.R.A.M.O.O
140 Posts
It does... mainly because I cant remember where the reverse light switch is on that gearbox! :confused:

I would suspect the switch on the box is at fault, easy to check (if you can find it, there is only one on the box itself) there will be a plug on it with 2 wires connecting to the switch, disconnect the plug, bridge out the two terminals in the plug (use an old split pin or bent paperclip) turn the ignition on and check the rev. lights, if they light up, the switch if faulty, if they dont... well you have a wiring fault somewhere.

hope this helps.

C

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, read your question, I suggest you check your fuse first, the fuse house is located in your passenger's side, open the box, see the back of your fuse box, than find out the right position of your fuse, change one to see the problem can be solved or not. It is a 5A ones remember that!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts