MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, is it just me?

When reversing the car, I find the offside vision from the wing mirror almost useless, really limited arc of view!

·
Registered
426 Posts
If the car comes equip with it, it should automatically dip when the car goes into reverse.
Dealers don’t always set it up - instructions are in the owners manual. You have to have powered mirror adjustment for it to work and even then it’s hit and miss. I have never been able to get the memory to retain the reverse dip setting in my Countryman, but in my previous Range Rovers it always worked on both wing mirrors

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Tim, unfortunately I don't have a hard copy of the owner's manual (I'm an Expat in Prague), and the online version does not mention how to set up the reverse dip process - any hints? :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Tim, I ‘m struggling to reduce the amount of mirror dip. I was back at the dealers yesterday about a few minor issues, when I mentioned mirror dip, I was told I need to see their “MINI Genius” will let you know once he has passed judgement. I’m guessing the amount of dip can’t be adjusted, but I stand to be corrected.
I’m used to VAG cars where coding changes can be made to adjust many of the settings using the likes of OBDeleven. I know devices such as Carly work for BMW & MINI but as yet I don’t think they can do anything like the adjustments are available on the VAG cars.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Thanks Tim, unfortunately I don't have a hard copy of the owner's manual (I'm an Expat in Prague), and the online version does not mention how to set up the reverse dip process - any hints? :)
Tony, press the starter but only to what used to be position 2 - everything energised but engine not running - engage reverse gear, adjust nearside mirror to see the kerb/road edge then switch to the driver’s side and adjust as you want ( most folks don’t set a “dip” for the driver’s side but it can be done too). Once set up, put the gear selector back to neutral and the mirrors SHOULD revert to the normal setting for driving, re-selecting reverse and the nearside mirror SHOULD go to the position previously programmed. One warning - on my Countryman I set it up but the memory never seems to remember the reverse dip setting after the car has been locked and then unlocked.......... not a problem I have encountered with previous cars with the same system

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Tim, unfortunately, nothing happens when I try this - and I tried it 3 times :) !

So I guess the feature was not installed on 2010 cars?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same. I have the DCT ‘box so can’t engage reverse with the engine off.
If you have a DCT I assume you have a F series. Those can be set by coding. Default dips all the way down. I found that if your mirrors are adjusted too far out, the mirror will have issues dipping down and will not return to your normally set position.

·
Registered
626 Posts
If you have a DCT I assume you have a F series. Those can be set by coding. Default dips all the way down. I found that if your mirrors are adjusted too far out, the mirror will have issues dipping down and will not return to your normally set position.
Is that something that the dealer has to do?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Old fashioned way. Grab back of passenger seat and look back out rear window.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
8 Participants
Mid Life Mini
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing