MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hmmm. This looks very tempting. I'd like to see a better picture of it installed and the ariel. I'm worried I'd end up with wires everywhere. On the plus side Toad are pretty reputable for fitting if a bit pricey.

I might give it a try after Chrimbo.....

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
mikeythemini said:
We now have them in stock - must get one out of its box
Revo that is - not sausages ;)
i'd like to know how it interfaces with the HU - does it have to be controlled separately or can the HU be used to select stations?

are there any other DAB receivers on the market that can be plugged into a DAB compatible HU?

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hat said:
i'd like to know how it interfaces with the HU - does it have to be controlled separately or can the HU be used to select stations?

are there any other DAB receivers on the market that can be plugged into a DAB compatible HU?
and is there a way to get it to work with MFSW?:)

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
It connects through either the car's aerial (sits inline) or using an Aux port.

If the inline option is taken then you have to tune your radio receiver into a set frequency to receive the signal. The HU and MFSW controls will not work.

Not sure about the Aux option, you'd probably need something like the IceLink to use the MFSW and HU controls.

That's just my understanding anyway ;)

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
tempted to get a hideaway unit

Hide-away DAB Tuner * Auto Seek * Ensemble Seek * Service Up/Down * Switching Between Primary/Secondary Services * 18 Services Preset Memory * Preset Recall, Channel Up/Down, Band Switch (DAB 1/2/3) * Label Display Selection (Ensemble/Service/Service Component/Pty) * Dynamic Lable Segment Headline * Pty Selection/Search * Available Pty/List * Preset List Search * Announcement Support (AS) Alarm/Traffic/News/Transport/Warning/Weather/Event/Special Event/ Information/Finance * Dynamic Lable Segment (DLS) Scrolling * Service Following (SF) DAB-DAB and DAB-RDS * Function Settings Menu (AS/SF/Primary-Secondary/DLS) ((All features available with headunit with Full DAB control only))
OPTIONAL AERIAL AN-70DAB REQUIRED

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
Rakey said:
but is there actually anything worth listening to on DAB?
God yeah!! :D:D

There's loads of stuff, not to mention all the BBC sports channels in glorious clarity, no more listening to fuzzy medium wave commentary on the rugby ;)

You get more channels than you can shake a stick at, plus you don't have to fiddle about retuning when the signal dies out or anything.

I love my DAB stereo, got one in my house too :cool:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts