MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
CR/W MC and HO/B MCC
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My MCC revs at about 3200 when in 5th gear at about 60 mph and sounds like it could shift again. I had a loaner MCC one day this week and it reved about 2800 at the same speed and gear, when I asked the service person about this he said my car was fine. Do any of you have an opinion about this? Thanks.

·
MINI VANILLI
203 Posts
i believe the 2005s rev higher because of the new gearing. is yours a 2005 and the loaner a 2002-2004. if so theres your answer. i have a 2005 cooper and it does the exact same thing. i just went on a 700 mile trip at 80+ mph the whole way non stop and i think the revs were around 4000+ for like 7-8 hours straight. this should be ok, maybe even good for your car and engine. the engine was built this way otherwise they would have added a 6th gear.

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
I don't think there's anything wrong with his car. The tach and speedo aren't graduated enough to determine precise readings. Based on the inaccuracy of the OBC in my MINI, I'm not real confident about the accuracy of the speedo either :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.