MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 40 of 108 Posts

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
So sorry to here this, I only met him the once but he seemed a really nice guy. My thoughts are with his family and close friends. Rest easy mate :(

·
Don Vito
17,160 Posts
:( Had a text earlier, but was at a family function.

Shocking news and another sad losss..........

Take it easy where ever you are mate. Our Sincere condolences to the family and DK.

·
Overly excited!!
1,364 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. I met his a couple of years ago on a track day with a few of the other SCNM boys. Was a very nice chap and gave me a few pointers to driving faster on the track and how to drive and not spin. (may have ignored that last part)

·
Registered
21,966 Posts
omg I really don't know what to say, it's such a shock to read this :( Max was a great guy and my thoughts go to Dora and Max's family and everyone on SCNM too :(

·
Registered
297 Posts
Tragic news. So sorry to hear this Dora. I'll always remember Max zooming along on the runs in his S whilst puffing on his pipe. Brilliant character - a real loss to the MINI community. Best ever run I've been on was one organised by Max.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I only met Max once and the guy was so friendly and a true legend in the MINI community. My thoughts and those of everyone at Nottinghamshire MINI Club at this time go to Dora and the family.

·
Registered
23,517 Posts
My memories of Max are as one of the nicest guys I've had the pleasure of meeting. I think back to when I first joined MINI2, and remember how welcome he made me feel then, and the banter I had with him at that time. He always made a point of speaking to me both online, and in person whenever I saw him on any runs. His passion, enthusiasm and friendliness will be truly missed by all that knew him, Particular condolences go out to Dora and his family at this sad time.

Rest in peace Max. We're all thinking of you!

·
MINI2 Overdose!
2,336 Posts
A true gent

Max was oe of the nicest people I have ever met and he was great fun to be around too.

He will be missed within the Mini community and all we can do is offer our love and support to Dora and his family.

I am completely shocked and saddened to hear this devastating news.

RIP big fella!

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
Such a shame that Max, Dora and some M2 members fell out . I've tried searching for some of the better old threads with Max's input but they've all been deleated. Knowing Max I dare say that was what HE wanted. However, its robbed me of the inputs of a good friend who I'd lost touch with.

Do you remember the 'Buy Max on Ebay' thread? Just a photo of him in a fridge magnet. Wouldnt let anyone out bid him though. Or all the 'GGR is best' bollox he was always going on about. So anti 'Works' conversions.

Max had a certain online personality that just didnt show in real life.. He really was a very loveable old gent. He fell out seriously with several people on here, and it went too far to be recovered. Pride seemed to get in the way. However, Malcolm was a real Mini enthusiast, and real nice bloke and so removed from what occurred on here. His life was in turmoil when the incedent occurred and I'm sure played a part with what occurred.

I know Max was a very giving person. He was seriously involved in the Falklands war in his younger days from what I recall him saying, and I never doubted him.

He needs a proper Mini send off.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
I never had the privilege to meet Max; however it seems he was a popular man and will be missed by many. This re-affirms that life is short and we should enjoy every drop we are given and don't be concerned about trivia in life.

Heartfelt thoughts with Dora and the family. Chloe. x

21 - 40 of 108 Posts
About this Discussion
107 Replies
77 Participants
Tonyt3
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing